Terms and Conditions
Last updated 17 November 2021
These terms tell you the rules for using our website personalitydata.org (our site).
Jump to a section of these terms:
- - By using our site you accept these terms
- - There are other terms that may apply to you
- - We may make changes to these terms
- - We may make changes to our site
- - We may suspend or withdraw our site
- - How you may use material on our site
- - Do not rely on information on our site
- - We are not responsible for websites we link to
- - User-generated content is not approved by us
- - Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- - How we may use your personal information
- - We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- - Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on the date first given at the top of this document.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update and change our site from time to time.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
You may use our site provided you adhere to the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. You must read the full licence however for your convenience we summarise the key points here:
You are free to:
- Share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format); and
- Adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially)
- Attribute us (You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use); and
- Do not add further restrictions (You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits).
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- - We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- - We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- - We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: use of, or inability to use, our site; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- - In particular, we will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
WHICH COUNTRY's LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?